Are you searching for a new HVAC toll bag to replace an old one?
If you are, then you have likely seen a ton of options that all claim to be the best for your work.
However, whether you are a licensed technician or you handle all the handy work yourself for your home, you want a bag that stands up to the conditions that you will put it through.
So, we have taken an in-depth look at a few different models of HVAC tool bags and narrowed down the options to the best choices.
Whether you like our top pick or one of the other options, you will get the best quality that money can buy.
HVAC Tool Bags Comparison Chart
5 Best HVAC Tool Bags (as of February, 2020):
1. Veto Pro Pac TECH PAC HVAC Tool Bag – Best Overall Pick Review
This Veto Pro Pac TECH PAC is our top pick, and for good reason.
This pack comes with many different features that make it a great option for any licensed technician or household handyman and comes with padding for comfort and enough storage for everything that you could need on the job.
This Veto Pro is made from strong nylon fabric that is rip-resistant and built for harsh work conditions.
Lots of Storage
This Veto model comes with sufficient storage space and offers 2 large storage bays with 4 compartments in each bay.
This allows you to keep all the equipment that you need in one place so that you can bring everything in one bag to the job site.
Ergonomic Back pads
This HVAC tool bag comes with EVA thermal-formed padding for the back so that you can feel better carrying it without feeling fatigued.
This makes transporting the HVAC bag much easier and won’t put extra pressure on where you don’t want it.
This tool bag model comes with a propylene base that is 3 mm thick and helps stabilize the bag so that the weight of the tools won’t cause it to tip over.
This keeps your tools lasting longer and won’t cause any damage to the bag from falling over.
Easy Access to Storage Areas
This HVAC tool bag comes with quick-release features that allow you to easily access the storage area without a struggle.
This makes it easy to get to any of the tools that you need without issue and makes switching your tools faster than ever.
- Vertical Tool Pockets: 46 interior and exterior tool pockets of various sizes
- 2 Storage Bays- 4 Storage Platforms
- Manifold Gauge and Hose Storage Pocket
- D-Rings: 4 large and 5 small
- Outside Mounted Stainless Steel Tape Clip Holder
- Cable and Accessory Pockets
- Pocket for a tablet or laptop is 7″ X 10″; fits small laptop or most tablets
- Padded EVA thermal-formed ergonomic back padding
- Quick Release Metal Hasp for easy access to back storage bay
- Internally Stored Aluminum Hook to Hang Bag
- Over-Molded Ergonomic Grip
- Adjustable Padded Shoulder Straps
- Weatherproof Base: 3mm Injection Molded Polypropylene
- Weatherproof Body Fabric: 950 and 1250 PVC Impregnated Denier Nylon
- Weatherproof Tool Pocket Fabric: 1800 PVC Impregnated Denier Nylon
VETO RO PAC TECH PAC- Backpack Tool Bag for Service Techs:
2. DEWALT DGL573 HVAC Tool Bag – Best Large Option Review
This DeWalt DGL573 tool bag is a choice that is fitting for all HVAC technicians and comes highly rated by previous customers.
With a built-in light and plenty of storage space for all you need to take on your jobs, you will have everything you need at your fingertips.
Built-In LED Light
Easy to Carry
This tool bag model comes with padded handles so that carrying it is more comfortable and won’t fatigue your shoulders. There are also shoulder straps that you can adjust to your liking and back pads for extra comfort.
This DeWalt model comes with feet on the base that help to decrease wear and tear on the bottom of the bag and the tough fabric is rip-resistant and will last through years of use even in the harshest work conditions.
Plenty of Storage Space
This model comes with a total of 41 storage pockets between the inside and outside of the bag so you have all the room you need. There are 28 pockets on the interior of the bag and 13 on the exterior that will help keep you organized.
This bag is useable for all HVAC tools, but it is not only used for these specific items.
You can also use the bag for holding drills, extension cords, wrench sets, drill bits, and pretty much any other mid-sized tool you can think of so you have all you need in one place.
- LED Light can be easily directed at work area or into bag
- 3 Levels of Light Output allow adjustment for wide area illumination or close-up work
- Light Output 39 Lumens Max
- 28 Multi-Use Pockets Inside and 13 Outside
- Vertical pockets keep tools in sight for quick access
- Padded Web Carrying Handles and Adjustable Padded Shoulder Strap for comfortable and convenient no-hands transport
- Holds a multitude of tools and accessories like drills, extension cords, pliers, screwdrivers, wrench sets, drill bits, testers and much more
- Base Pad Feet to Help Reduce Wear and Abrasion
- Powered by 2 AAA batteries, included
DEWALT DGL573 Lighted Technician’s Tool Bag:
3. Custom Leathercraft ECP135 HVAC Tool Bag – Best Backpack Option Review
This Custom Leathercraft ECP135 model is an HVAC tool bag that allows you to bring everything that you need with you in one convenient bag.
With many features that make this option a great choice for any licensed technician, this bag comes at a budget-friendly price that everyone will love.
Charging Tool Pack
The CLC custom leathercraft comes with the capability to charge 2 devices with its built-in USB system and 10,000 mAh power bank.
With this technology, you can charge two devices at the same time and have all your tools ready to go when needed.
23 Pockets for Storage
This leathercraft option comes with plenty of space for tools with the 20 interior pockets and the 3 exterior pockets.
This space allows you to bring the tools that you need for the job at hand so you don’t have to bring multiple bags to each job site.
Removable and Rechargeable Power Bank
The 10,000 mAh power bank that we mentioned earlier is rechargeable and removable so that you will never run out of juice for your devices or the power bank itself and you can remove it when necessary.
This tool bag comes with interior panels that allow you to organize and rearrange your tools easily so that you can find the ones that you use the most with ease.
These panels also allow for many different tools to be kept, like screwdrivers, wrenches, and drills.
- Includes an internal USB charging system
- Removable 10,000 mAh power bank simultaneously charges 2 devices
- Removable power bank with 2 USB ports for internal charging and a micro USB port to recharge the power bank
- 3 Internal charging wall pockets for tablets, smartphones and/or camera
- 20 Multi-use pockets inside, 3 pockets outside
- Measuring tape clip to help organize a wide variety of hand tools
- Vertical pockets keep tools in sight for quick access
- Padded web carrying handles and adjustable shoulder straps
- Holds a multitude of tools and accessories like drills, pliers, screwdrivers, wrench sets, drill bits, testers and much more
- Base pad feet help reduce wear and abrasion
- Backpack includes: Charging Power Bank, Internal USB Charging Ports, Internal Charging USB Connector, Micro USB Power Bank, Recharge Connector Cable, AC Power Bank Recharge Wall Adaptor
CLC ECP135 E-CHARGE TOOL BACKPACK:
4. Klein Tools 55421BP-14 – Best Heavy-Duty Option Review
This Klein Tools 55421BP-14 backpack is a heavy-duty option that can be taken with you on any HVAC job.
With the number of tools that this item can carry and the stable bottom that keeps it from being tipped over easily makes this option a great choice for a licensed technician or a handyman who wants to do the work around the house himself.
This Klein tool backpack comes with ample storage space and 39 pockets to organize and store your tools.
With 37 interior pockets and 2 exterior pockets for added storage, you can keep everything that you need in one carrying case so you won’t have to lug around multiple bags for each job.
Molded Front Pocket
The molded front pocket is durable and meant to keep safety glasses safe from damage while on the road. This pocket is hard and well-made so that the glasses can be bumped around a bit without breaking or sustaining any damage.
Tall Bag Size
Molded Bottom Panel
This tool bag model comes with a hard-molded bottom panel that keeps the tools upright and protects the bag from tipping over.
This helps protect your tools from being damaged and it also keeps you from losing one at a messy job site due to it falling out and underneath something.
This backpack model comes with padded shoulder and back straps that make it easier and more comfortable to carry.
The padding helps keep your back and shoulders from getting fatigued when you are carrying a lot of weight and prevents you from getting back pain due to heavy weight for long stretches of time.
- 39 pockets for tons of tool storage
- Hard, molded front pocket protects safety glasses
- Front zipper pocket for small parts and tools
- Taller bag and interior pockets allow for long screwdrivers
- Fully molded bottom protects from the elements
- Orange interior for easy tool visibility
- 1680d ballistic weave for durability and water resistance
- Shoulder straps with extra padding and handles for easy carrying
5. Lennox 1839079 – Best Mid-Range Option Review
This Lennox 1839079 tool bag is a mid-range option for those who want something of quality without having to pay a high premium price to get it.
With many storage pockets and the durability for use at any job site, you will be able to keep this bag for years to come.
Many Storage Pockets
This Lennox HVAC tool bag comes with lots of pockets in the interior of the bag that allows you to fit all the tools you need. This is a great option for those who carry all their tools to each job so that they have everything they need, just in case.
Padded Carrying Strap
This tool bag model comes with a convenient carrying strap that you can fit over one shoulder.
This strap comes with a padded area that you can rest over your shoulder so that you feel more comfortable and won’t get fatigued when having to carry it for a longer time.
This HVAC tool bag is made from high-quality materials that keep it longer-lasting and able to withstand harsh work conditions.
Molded Bottom Panel
This Lennox model comes equipped with a molded bottom panel that allows you to set the bag on the ground without it tipping over. The panel is flat and keeps the bag upright so that the tools inside will not fall over and get damaged or lost.
- 24 pockets, 18 Tool Loops and 3 zippered pouches
- Clear Vinyl ID Window Pocket, Shoulder Strap, Cover Flap
- 2 padded pockets on the exterior sides of the tote
- Room for multiple tools and is tested up to 50 lbs
- Padded shoulder strap makes carrying more comfortable
- Hard plastic, water-resistant bottom
- Padded aluminum carrying handle
When you are searching for an HVAC tool bag for your next job or project, you should consider a few things before making your purchase.
Determining what tools you will be bringing with you, how many storage pockets you need, and how durable the bag is are all important factors that should help you decide which option is right for you.
What Tools Will You Bring With You?
When looking at different bag options for your work, you need to decide which tools will need to go into this bag to ensure that you get one that has the room you need for the tools you use.
This is a good way to narrow down your options to the best choices for your needs, and it will ensure that you get a bag that will carry the tools that you need.
How Many Storage Pockets Are There?
Knowing the number of storage pockets that you will need to hold all of your equipment is another way to help narrow down your selection.
If you know that you will likely bring many tools, and you need a pocket that will protect your safety glasses, then you can choose the best options from the bags that have those specifications.
There are some options that come with a hard-molded pocket that keeps your safety glasses safe from damage when it is transported, so looking for the bags that come with this feature can help you decide which one is right for you.
How Durable is the Bag?
If you typically go to job sites that are filled with dirt and dust, then you know that you will need a bag that will stand up to that environment.
Also, if you have to set down the bag on hard and uneven surfaces, then finding an option that comes with a molded bottom panel that keeps your tools from tipping over will be a feature to look for.
The durability of the bag makes the money that you spend on it well worth it, but if you end up with a bag that doesn’t last, then you will be handing over more cash for another option.
So, make sure that the bag that you get is made from durable materials and will stand up to the harsh work conditions that you will put it through.
Even with all the information that you received from this article, you might still have some questions about HVAC tool bags that you would like answered before you make your purchase.
So, we have found a few of the most commonly asked questions about these products and found answers so that you can get all the information that you need in one place.
What are HVAC tool bags made of?
The most common fabric that is used to make HVAC tool bags is nylon.
This fabric is used because of its exceptional strength and its ability to be cleaned with little effort. This allows the fabric to be durable and the bag to last longer and look like new.
How many pockets should an HVAC tool bag have?
This number may vary from model to model, and also depends on the number of tools that a user will need to bring with them to their job site.
Exterior pockets are often few in number, and some only offer one on the outside that is hard-molded and meant to hold safety glasses so that they will not break or sustain damage while being transported.
Is it better to use a backpack or a shoulder bag for your HVAC tools?
This depends on several factors, but usually the best option is the shoulder strap bag.
This often comes with extra padding so that your shoulder doesn’t get fatigued, and it also is easy to take on and off so that you can get to work right away and pack up quickly.
Whether you are a licensed HVAC technician or you just like doing the work on your house yourself, you can get a bag that carries all the tools you need for the job at hand.
If you choose to purchase our top pick, the Veto Pro Pac, then you will get a great option that comes with anything you could need.
However, even if you opt for one of the other options on this list, you can feel confident knowing that you are getting a high-quality product that won’t let you down.