Have you bought a new hair dryer and there is a diffuser?
Do you have no idea what it is and how you can use a hair dryer diffuser?
This strange gadget is used for fast and effective hairstyling.
Some women still don’t know how to use a diffuser the right way. Here are all the useful tips and tricks you need to know to style your hair with the help of a hair dryer diffuser.
What Is a Diffuser and How Does It Work?
A diffuser looks like a massive round nozzle with spikes. It was designed with the aim to make it easier for girls to style strands. It isn’t always possible to visit a hairstylist at the salon.
Using a diffuser, you can create a hairstyle that will look not worse than the one you can create at the professional salon. Before, the diffuser was used for curly hair only.
The nozzle works by using holes in the disc that supply warm air from the hair dryer to the curls. Due to the large area of influence, the hair can be dried quickly and without harm to the structure of the hairline.
A diffuser for curls is especially relevant. As it passes through the holes in the disc, the air currents are dispersed through the hair, so drying does not disturb the curl lines.
How to Choose the Diffuser You Need?
There are several different diffuser types. Having figured out what the diffuser in the hairdryer is for, let’s move on to considering its main varieties. The attachment is found in different versions:
- Universal – has perpendicular spikes. They can be used for all hairstyles. Girls have a choice of models that have differences in the diameter of the bowl and the length of the “fingers.” Long spikes are optimal for thick hair, and short “fingers” can be used for short-cropped hair
- For curls – equipped with a small number of spikes of large and small length. The attachment can be rotated around its own axis, which makes it easier to dry curly strands
- For adding volume – a bowl with numerous holes and elongated teeth. The root volume is provided by the perforation of the thorns
- For elongated hair – has sparse and elongated “fingers,” excluding tangling of the strand
- For thinning hair – a disc deepened inward with “fingers” of various lengths. With this hair dryer attachment, it is easy to avoid overdrying and pulling out your hair
You can choose hair dryers with different types of diffuser attachments according to the length and condition of the hair.
Many models are equipped with curl ionization and automatic temperature control, allowing you to create the perfect look without wasting time.
How to Use the Hair Dryer Diffuser Correctly?
Learn how to use the diffuser to look perfect and help your hair remain silky and healthy:
- Apply mousse to your hand
- Spread it evenly over the curls, paying extra attention to the ends
- Before using the accessory, select the appropriate hairdryer mode, put on the diffuser nozzle
- Part your head horizontally
- Fix the hair in the crown zone with a hairpin and start drying the back of the head, alternately laying the strands on the nozzle. Keep the diffuser close to your head. Pull your hair up as needed to add volume
- Go to the front. Follow the steps in the same way, gradually drying the temporal hair, bangs, parietal region
- Wait for the hair to cool. If necessary, you can use the cold blower function on the hair dryer
- Varnish your hair
When Should You Use a Diffuser: Functions and Application Features
The device is easy to use, and the diffuser can make both the lightest and the most complex styling.
Styling hair of different lengths is possible with the help of a hair dryer diffuser. The easiest way to tidy up your head is to express styling. It is fast and suitable for strands of different lengths.
To add volume to your haircut and create a messy look, follow these steps:
- Wash your hair and dry it a little.
- Apply styling foam.
- Plug in a hair dryer and set it to a low-temperature setting.
- Run the diffuser over your head, trying to massage your skin lightly. If you rotate the nozzle while drying, you can achieve a light wave effect.
- After drying is complete, style your hair as you wish, remembering to fix it with varnish.
Medium Length Hair
It is most convenient to use the attachment for those girls whose curls reach their shoulders. It gives good volume and helps create curvy waves.
- Divide your hair into 4 sections – at the back of the head, crown, and temples. Pin each with a hairpin. Apply mousse first before drying and styling
- Start using the device from the back of the head. Without turning on the hair dryer, attach the attachment to the ends of the hair and with rotating movements, as if winding the hairs on “fingers,” lay the entire strand on the diffuser
- Turn on the hair dryer on a low mode and dry the curls, lightly massaging your head. Do the same for the temporal zones, remembering to use the mousse
- When drying the crown, style the parting to your liking and dry your hair by tilting your head towards the parting
- Finally, beat the strands and secure them with varnish
For long hair, using a diffuser dryer is as easy as shelling pears. Styling is done in a short time and looks perfect.
- Divide slightly damp hair into two parts – from the crown and the back of the head. Foam it
- Start drying from the back of your head. As with medium hair, wrap each strand around your fingers and blow-dry. For the procedure, you need to use the minimum power of the electrical appliance with warm air
- Apply fixing spray to the curled strand and repeat if necessary
- Style your hair at the crown of the head in the same way
- Finish the procedure by beating the curls. To fix the result, you should use varnish
How to Curl Your Hair Using a Diffuser?
To curl your hair, it is advisable to use a curling iron, but if it is not at hand, a hairdryer nozzle will help create a curl.
- Divide the clean and dried hair into parts – the occipital, parietal, and two in the region of the temples
- Start using the attachment from the back of your head. Treat the lock with mousse and wrap it around your finger
- Dry the curl in this position for a couple of minutes
- Sprinkle the finished curl with a fixing agent
Steps You Should Take to Straighten Your Hair with a Diffuser
Straightening strands with a hairdryer is a little different from working with an iron. If the straightener produces straight, smooth strands, the diffuser will provide a fluffed head of hair.
To straighten curls, you need to follow these steps:
- Apply a product that is intended for straightening to the hair
- Divide the strands into several parts and pin them with hairpins
- Comb a single section and straighten it by holding the ends. Run the diffuser over the hairs like a comb from top to bottom. In a similar manner, you need to straighten each strand
- Finally, wax your hair
If you plan to use a hairdryer with a diffuser, give preference only to high-quality appliances that can adapt the air temperature to the hair structure.